Sunday, January 4, 2009

Podcast



Episode: Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4; what lessons we can learn from 2008.
Date: 04, January, 2009
Website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/fricomedy/
Run Time: 28:25

Description of Podcast:

What lessons can be learned from 2008, as we head into 2009? Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis take a look back at some of the best bits of The Now Show from the last year, with Mitch Benn, Marcus Brigstocke, Jon Holmes and Laura Shavin.

Why I picked the podcast:

I picked this podcast as I truly love British humor! British humor is dry, cynical and satirical, which is right up my street! I therefore began by searching for something amusing to listen to and write about and came across this podcast on bbc.co.uk and it brought endless laughter from start to finish.

As said in the title, it makes fun of the mistakes from the past year of 2008. For instance, it makes fun of the presidents talking about whether we are in a period of recession or not, peoples’ thoughts about global warming, the Olympics and healthy eating. These subjects are not explained in depth but made fun of instead. There is the occasional humorous joke about the competition between BBC news and SKY news leading on to the British earthquake and so on… Basically, it is just a fun thing to listen to when you have time and you will always laugh because the hosts have a great sense of humor.

I would definitely recommend this podcast to everyone that wants to have a good laugh and, well, wants to learn about the lessons learnt from 2008. There is sometimes the occasional British slang involved but you can determine the meaning by the context in which it is used. E.g. “we were all having a gaff over that” which means “we were having a ‘laugh’ over that”.

In conclusion I would say that this is an extremely funny series of podcasts and I’m listening to the past ones they’ve made since that they are a funny bunch of people.

No comments: